Sunday, January 12, 2014

There is Life After... or Happily Ever After

I haven't posted for a long while. A remarkable man came into my life in July 2012 and I have been focusing on a healthy US. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me because I am learning so much about myself; my actual self, not what someone tells me about myself. Like in scripture/gospel study, self-discovery through the Spirit is always the best way to learn the actual truth. It is a tremendous blessing to be loved by a man who treats me as a beloved daughter of God; not a perfect daughter but a daughter of infinite worth in healthy, virtuous ways. We have been dating for 18 months and I now realize I have only one regret in my whole life: going on a second date 42 years ago with a man who made me feel cheap ( an object of his lust). THIS is what dating, romance, love, intimacy is supposed to feel like! And there is nothing sexual about our relationship; we are a 'For the Strength of Youth' couple and we love it.

So, here I am... separated for six years, divorced for 3 1/2 of those years and absolutely loving life, loving family, loving friends, loving serving and loving this good man. 2014 might just be a new beginning for me.
;-)

No comments: